I’m finally getting around to making my very first food related post! I promise I’ll be better at updating this thing…life has been hectic this past week. Please bare with me as I work on my food photography skills…I’m sure they’ll get better with time.
I made this dip for the husband’s surprise 30th birthday party last Sunday. This was a huge hit! I had multiple people ask me for the recipe and we didn’t bring much of this home. This would be great at a children’s birthday party, and will likely make an appearance at the toddler’s 2nd birthday party. Give this a try!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
2. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar for 1 minute.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with additional chips, if you choose.
I served this with mini vanilla wafers and chocolate teddy grahams.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker